Comment on page
aimmo: 2.11.0, rapid-router: 5.16.1
- Imports in Kurono are now restricted to the ones used in the worksheets.
- Cows are now always visible in Rapid Router.
- The van now needs to be on the square directly before a cow in order to honk the horn to make it disappear, instead of two squares away.
aimmo: 2.10.15, codeforlife-portal: 6.39.8, rapid-router: 5.15.13
elsein Level 36 (in level intro and solution)
- Fixed and updated styles of missing Level Editor popup buttons
aimmo: 2.10.12, codeforlife-portal: 6.39.4
- No longer gathering and processing school postcodes
- School countries are now optional
- UK schools can be linked to a county, which is also optional
- Fixed and issue with the flow for changing emails addresses
- Now tracking worksheet usage, worksheet badges and game load time in Kurono
aimmo: 2.10.9, codeforlife-portal: 6.38.1, rapid-router: 5.15.5
- Created levels 110-122 in Rapid Router, within Episode 12 as an introduction to While Loops.
- Added episodes 13-15 to the levels list and marked them as coming soon.
- Added a formal method to capture volunteer acceptance of contributing terms.
- Password fields in forms now have a "reveal password" icon.
- Removed autocomplete for some password fields.
- Increased the size of the Rapid Router level map so it takes up the whole section.
- Updated the button styles for the hint and level failure / completion popups in Rapid Router.
aimmo: 2.10.7, codeforlife-portal: 6.37.1, rapid-router: 5.12.3
- Introduced cows to levels 38, 39 and 47
- Removed the game-creator and moved its logic to the Django aimmo app
- Unverified users are now anonymised instead of deleted.
- Keep track of daily and total unverified users anonymisations.
Implemented a quick fix for the 2FA bug.
Keep track of total registrations.
codeforlife-portal: 6.35.3, rapid-router: 5.11.3
- Added a comma in some of the Rapid Router levels instructions for better readability.
- Only the selected road type in the level editor has a border now to improve user experience.
- Created two automated email verification reminders for unverified users who registered 7 days ago and 14 days ago.
- Created an automated deletion job which deletes unverified users who have registered over 19 days ago.
aimmo: 2.10.6, codeforlife-portal: 6.34.1
- UK schools are now linked to a county.
- Kurono games are now stopped immediately upon deletion.
- Implemented a max limit of 15 for concurrent Kurono running games. Attempting to create or start a 16th game will show the user a friendly error message.
- Updated the starter code for worksheet 2 to reflect changes on Gitbook.
aimmo: 2.9.1, codeforlife-portal: 6.33.6, rapid-router: 5.11.1
- Fixed a bug with the password strength indicator on password reset.
- Fixed a bug with the password reset email form.
Enabled secure boot for GKE nodes.
aimmo: 2.9.0, codeforlife-portal: 6.33.0
- Upgraded to Python 3.8.
- Added a check for commonly used passwords upon registration.
aimmo: 2.8.7, codeforlife-portal: 6.31.1
- Removed intermediate Teaching Resources pages, dropdowns now link directly to Gitbook.
- Shortened email verification links.
- Fixed Kurono cross-worksheet badges trigger bug.
- Testing out new GA4 script.
Fixed mistakenly removed riveted.js library.
aimmo: 2.8.5, codeforlife-portal: 6.30.10, rapid-router: 5.10.6
Updated an outdated JS library.
aimmo: 2.7.0, codeforlife-portal: 6.30.4
- Updated Kubernetes to 1.26 and Agones to 1.31.
- Addressed a number of security issues related to the clusters and node pools.
- Added a custom action in the Django admin panel allowing admins to bulk stop Kurono games.
aimmo: 2.5.20, codeforlife-portal: 6.30.2
Implemented JWT tokens for the registration process, allowing users to have simultaneous valid email verification tokens on registration.
aimmo: 2.5.19, codeforlife-portal: 6.29.9, rapid-router: 5.10.5
- Fixed Avatar auth token generation when creating an Avatar in Kurono.
- Teachers can now access the account settings page even if they don't have a school.
- Updated the solution for level 43.
- Matched the green in the level editor sidebar to the one in the actual game.
- Verification emails are now sent before the newsletter confirmation emails.
aimmo: 2.5.18, codeforlife-portal: 6.29.4
- Updated text and padding of the Get Involved page.
- Added a "pause" functionality to the Kurono game - users can now pause their avatar, effectively stopping their code and the logs while the rest of the game carries on.
Updated the Kurono avatar marker - made it bigger, changed the model to the Kurono logo and added a bounce animation.
- Reverted an issue introduced in the previous deployment which made the map no longer scrollable on tablets.
- Fixed the broken coin image that appears in the Episode title when all levels have been completed.
Fixed some issues with the zoom buttons in Rapid Router, namely, the game doesn't randomly zoom in on the first input, and the buttons remain in the screen for all screen sizes.
Fixed scoreboard bug whereby custom level names prevented the page from loading.
aimmo: 2.5.15, codeforlife-portal: 6.29.3, rapid-router: 5.10.0
- Fixed level editor disappearing scenery bug
- Updated introductory videos order in Rapid Router
aimmo: 2.5.12, codeforlife-portal: 6.29.2, rapid-router: 5.9.1
Fixed a broken DB migration.
Added ratelimit to the student login as well as the tracking for the lockout reset mechanic.
codeforlife-portal: 6.28.3, rapid-router: 5.8.1
Updated Privacy Notice with updated text and correct personal data information.
aimmo: 2.5.11, codeforlife-portal: 6.28.0, rapid-router: 5.8.0
- Added cows and cow-related blocks to Rapid Router
- Implemented a data tracker for when users reset their passwords to unlock their accounts (teachers and independent students only)
- Having no nearby artefacts in worksheet 4 no longer raises an error which blocks the user from progressing, instead it prints out a more user-friendly warning.
codeforlife-portal: 6.27.8, rapid-router: 5.7.4
- Removed the snow in Rapid Router.
- Coding club page link now opens in the same tab as expected.
- Updated instructions for level control and added a usage tracker for it.
- Fixed broken independent student newsletter subscription.
- Added a link to the coding clubs page on the Get Involved page.
codeforlife-portal: 6.27.3, rapid-router: 5.7.3
- Brought back Rapid Rudolph
- Update Rapid Router UI including previous and next level buttons.
aimmo: 2.5.10, codeforlife-portal: 6.27.1, rapid-router: 5.6.1
- Teachers can now control which levels of Rapid Router are available on a per-class basis.
- Fixed missing padding in level editor.
aimmo: 2.5.7, codeforlife-portal: 6.24.1
Fixed a bug where old games would show in the Kurono games table.
aimmo: 2.5.6, codeforlife-portal: 6.23.1, rapid-router: 5.5.2
- Upgraded Kubernetes to version 1.23 on all Kurono resources.
- Admin teachers can now create Kurono games for their colleagues.
- Updated Rapid Router Python levels styles.
aimmo: 2.5.2, codeforlife-portal: 6.22.1, rapid-router: 5.5.1
- Made the alert banner on the homepage dynamic.
- Fixed some bugs in the level editor.
- Admin teachers can now see, play, edit and delete any Kurono game in their school.
codeforlife-portal: 6.21.0, rapid-router: 5.5.0
Admin teachers can now see, play and share any custom level in their school.
Removed the Kurono maintenance banner.
codeforlife-portal: 6.20.1, rapid-router: 5.4.3
- Fixed missing cookie banner and settings
- Fixed some UI bugs in Rapid Router
- Added code clubs page with free downloadable content
- Updated text to registration forms
- Fixed issue where the Kurono preview video would not load on the independent student dashboard
aimmo: 2.4.6, codeforlife-portal: 6.18.3, rapid-router: 5.4.2
- Fixed a major issue where deployment was broken by removing the legacy django-autoconfig package
- Added a banner on the homepage to warn users of ongoing issues with Kurono
- Updated session timeout to 30 minutes and added a 2 minute countdown to warn users of it
- Fixed some issues with Rapid Router button designs
- Users can now see their scores for custom levels on the scoreboard page
codeforlife-portal: 6.16.0, rapid-router: 5.3.1
- Admin teachers can now see and moderate all custom levels in their school
- Admin teachers can now see, accept and reject all external requests to their school's classes
- Updated Rapid Router icons
- Updated Rapid Router Python levels design and made each component resizable
aimmo: 2.4.3, codeforlife-portal: 6.15.4
- Admin teachers can now see, edit and delete all the classes in their school
- Admin teachers can now create a class for a fellow teacher
- Updated the "Make admin" popup
aimmo: 2.4.1, codeforlife-portal: 6.15.3, rapid-router: 5.1.0
- Updated Rapid Router levels design
- Removed Dee from Python levels
- Added Bav the Brain to brainteaser levels
- Admin teachers can now see all classes in their school
- Gave admin teachers the ability to create classes for other teachers
- Updated the "Make teacher admin" popup
- Independent students under 13 now need to provide their parents' or guardian's email address
aimmo: 2.4.0, codeforlife-portal: 6.12.4, rapid-router: 4.4.1
- Gave admin teachers the possibility to invite other teachers directly to their school
- Removed the ability to join another teacher's school by looking it up and sending a join request
- Added a confirmation popup to the independent student account deletion process
- Updated the teacher registration form and added a consent checkbox
- Added a one hour screen time warning popup
- Made the Rapid Router scoreboard clearer and easier to work with
aimmo: 2.3.5, codeforlife-portal: 6.8.9
- Removed newsletter signup for independent students
- Fixed registration boxes width
aimmo: 2.3.4, codeforlife-portal: 6.8.8, rapid-router: 4.3.0
- Added badges for challenge 1 in Kurono
- Independent students can now delete their accounts
- Signing up for the newsletter using the footer form now requires the user to be over 18
- Rapid Router solutions for levels 101-104 now have a main() method
- Teachers can now re-share the levels that are shared with them
- Fixed deleting workspaces in Rapid Router
- In Kurono, when moving towards is blocked by an avatar, a message is now displayed in logs
- Security updates
aimmo: 2.1.2, codeforlife-portal: 6.8.2
- Add worksheet 4 for Kurono
- Security updates
codeforlife-portal: 6.6.0, rapid-router: 4.1.0
- Update Rapid Router level 48 to include multiple houses
- Anonymise schools and classes without any active teachers
- School is now anonymised when the last admin leaves and marked as inactive
- Fix email display and link
aimmo: 2.0.4, codeforlife-portal: 6.4.4, rapid-router: 4.0.9
- Anonymise classes instead of deleting them
- Update style and content of emails sent to users
- Update Pyodide to fix Kurono issue running on certain browsers
vvariable in Rapid Router to
- Fix multiple start blocks bug in Rapid Router
codeforlife-portal: 6.3.1, rapid-router: 4.0.4
- Delete account functionality for teacher
- Admin role is passed to the next teacher when admin account is deleted
- Fix bugs where deleted teachers were showing
- Update image credits and alt texts
- Fixed Rapid Router not loading properly
aimmo: 2.0.1, codeforlife-portal: 6.0.1, rapid-router: 4.0.1
- Upgraded Django to version 3.2
- Independent student and login update to use email only and no username
- Added videos to Educate and Play pages
Fixed student scoreboard not showing data.
Added Dotmailer address books integration on registration / newsletter subscription (user types).
codeforlife-portal: 5.39.1, aimmo: 1.4.11, rapid-router: 3.8.8
- Scoreboard now does not display everything on page load
- Kurono student dashboard update
- Fixed Rapid Router freeze issue when using fast play
- Fixed Crowdin resources that were blocked
Fixed Crowdin's In-Context translation tool.
Fixed bug introduced with previous level 74 improvement.
Improved Rapid Router level 74 solution.
codeforlife-portal: 5.37.2, aimmo: 1.4.10, rapid-router: 3.8.1
- Thickened road divider lines in Rapid Router
- Updated remove / leave teacher page
codeforlife-portal: 5.36.1, aimmo: 1.4.9, rapid-router: 3.8.0
- Improved registration process
- Disabled local storage in Rapid Router
codeforlife-portal: 5.35.1, aimmo: 1.4.7, rapid-router: 3.7.8
- Ensure no duplication of email when releasing student
- Cookies updates
codeforlife-portal: 5.34.3, aimmo: 1.4.6
- Data tracking for join and release of student
- Updated starter code for Kurono worksheet 3
Cleaned up some teacher and independent student accounts that had the same email.
User sessions will now expire on browser close.
- Updated 2FA pages
- New registration for independent student or teacher now require unique email across the different account types
Removed snow from Rapid Router.
aimmo: 1.4.5, codeforlife-portal: 5.32.0, rapid-router: 3.7.0
- Updated OneTrust instance for cookie management
- Added scrollbar in Python pane in Rapid Router Python levels
- Made Python pane resizeable in Rapid Router Python levels
- Made email verification link expiry time explicit on verification page
- Redesigned password reset and email verification pages
- Redesigned Kurono teacher dashboard
- Redesigned level moderation page
- Fixed level moderation delete level bug
- Scoreboard page now loads all classes and levels data by default
- Deleting Kurono games now archives them instead of deleting them completely
- Upgraded to Kubernetes 21.7.0
- Tidied up independent student duplicate accounts with the same email
aimmo: 1.3.3, codeforlife-portal: 5.28.1, rapid-router: 3.5.7
- Account details page updates
- Registration page update
- Kurono worksheet 2 starter code update
- Crashing, running a red light and running out of fuel in Rapid Router now count as an attempt
- Scoreboard filter update
codeforlife-portal: 5.27.9, rapid-router: 3.5.5
Fix scoreboard loading issues.
codeforlife-portal: 5.27.8, rapid-router: 3.5.4
- Fix alignment and text issues in edit class pages
- Fix scoreboard spacing and functional issues
- Allow logged in users to view other login pages
codeforlife-portal: 5.27.5, rapid-router: 3.5.3
- Update Scoreboard page with new designs and Improvements table
- Update all class edit pages
aimmo: 1.3.2, codeforlife-portal: 5.26.14, rapid-router: 3.4.5
- Remove Wagtail
- Align pages to container width
- Fix 2FA QR code not showing bug
- Fix 2FA banner bug
- Stick website footer to bottom of the screen
- Remove all Rapid Router resource pages and link to Gitbook instead
- Fix heading sizes on Play page
codeforlife-portal: 5.26.3, rapid-router: 3.4.4
- Student login details CSV now includes student passwords and class link
- Fix for class code login issue
- Rapid Router functions renaming to be more descriptive
- Data and error logging
codeforlife-portal: 5.24.2, rapid-router: 3.4.3
- Enabled Rapid Rudolph🎄
- Updated Educate page
- Updated Play page
- Updated teacher and independent student navigation bars
- Fixed alignment issues on student Kurono dashboard
- Fixed alignment of header and footer
- Fixed teacher dashboard and Kurono page
- Fixed size of table buttons
codeforlife-portal: 5.21.3, rapid-router: 3.4.1
Further CSP fixes.
aimmo: 1.3.0, codeforlife-portal: 5.21.2, rapid-router: 3.4.0
- Home Learning page update and Independent student resources
- Fix for deleted students appearing at places
- Class code is now case insensitive plus related fixes
- Implemented CSP header
- Kurono worksheet updates - moved from model to a data file
codeforlife-portal: 5.17.1, rapid-router: 3.3.1
- Updated Rapid Router level selection page
- Removed django-hijack
Added student login type data.
rapid-router: 3.2.0, codeforlife-portal: 5.16.3
- Moved and linked Kurono resources to Gitbook
- Updated teacher onboarding pages
- Updated About Us page
- Updated student dashboard including independent student
- Updated lockout page
- Removed Ocado logos from in-game images
- Added functionality to import students from CSV file
- Fix for class deletion
rapid-router: 3.1.0, codeforlife-portal: 5.10.0
- Updated most of the Rapid Router level help texts (morning)
- Updated student deletion data (afternoon)
Added school and class creation time and data.
aimmo: 1.1.0, codeforlife-portal: 5.8.0
- Updated reminder cards design
scan_nearbyreturned list with a more meaningful error
- Fixed "Update account details" in the account dropdown
- Added login metrics
- Upgraded reportlab and pillow libraries
codeforlife-portal: 5.6.1, rapid-router: 3.0.5
- Student login updated - option with class code or with direct link
- Updated page with student login details
- Updated class code format and student password policy
- Split teacher dashboard in 3 tabs and updated designs
- Updated teacher password policy
- Updated login pages to have branding shapes
Updated Dotmailer's "Thanks for staying" campaign ID env var to point to the new one, which is aligned to the new design.
codeforlife-portal: 5.2.3, rapid-router: 3.0.4
- Fixed some issues with page banners and header styles
- Improved 2FA pages UI to match new styles
- Disabled Turkish language localisation in Rapid Router after reports of it causing issues in classrooms
codeforlife-portal: 5.2.1, rapid-router: 3.0.3
Button and table display fixes.
aimmo: 1.0.0, codeforlife-portal: 5.0.0, rapid-router: 3.0.0
- Updated website logo, design and style
- Removed teacher title
New website design
codeforlife-portal: 4.34.0, rapid-router: 2.7.14
Added Get Involved and Contributor pages.
aimmo: 0.69.19, codeforlife-portal: 4.32.4, rapid-router: 2.7.13
Improved user experience of login forms.
aimmo: 0.69.18, codeforlife-portal: 4.32.3
- Kurono games now stop properly
- Fixed empty game name bug
- Dockerised portal for development
aimmo: 0.69.14, codeforlife-portal: 4.31.4, rapid-router: 2.7.12
- Changed Kurono game load text to be more informative
- Improved load time of Kurono games
Enforced account's email verification on login.
codeforlife-portal: 4.31.1, rapid-router: 2.7.11
- Additional hint text for Rapid Router level 80 onwards
- Top navigation bar fix on onboarding phase
codeforlife-portal: 4.30.13, rapid-router: 2.7.10
- Display updates to the Rapid Router 'if else' block: clearer separation, clearer hints
- Security header update
codeforlife-portal: 4.30.12, rapid-router: 2.7.7, aimmo: 0.69.11
- Upgrade to Django 2.2.24
- Prevent changing an account's email address to that of another account's
codeforlife-portal: 4.30.8, rapid-router: 2.7.5, aimmo: 0.69.8
- Prevent concurrent login sessions for the same user
- Security fixes and documentation updates
codeforlife-portal: 4.29.2, rapid-router: 2.7.4, aimmo: 0.69.3
- Added ability to edit saved custom levels
- Fixed invalid character bug
- Fixed ReCaptcha bypass issue
- Added ratelimit to sensitive forms and re-implemented 24 hour lockout
- Fixed session not invalidated after password change issue
- Removed autocomplete from forms
- Added warning banner for email verification
- Added Dotmailer consent renewal form
- Fixed interchangeable GETs/POSTs issues
- OneTrust Cookie Management
Removed the admin login page! Admin access now requires a superuser profile with 2FA enabled.
- Fixed a link in the Worksheet 3 resources.
- Made portal only send Google Analytics events in prod environment.
- Released Kurono Challenge 3!
- Added MoveTowardsAction and scan_nearby methods to Kurono.
- Challenge 3 has a new theme and two new different artefacts.
- PDFs and solutions file have been updated with Challenge 3.
- Not an April Fools, the above actually happened 🙂
- Fixed worksheet selection bug.
- Fixed Recaptcha dual-script bug.
- Revamped the admin login page.
- Added 2FA to the admin login form for accounts with 2FA.
Fixed pickups not spawning.
Navigation and text updates on Kurono pages.
Consent data when signing up to newsletter is now saved.
Agones has been integrated to improve game creation and loading.
- Stats on Home and About page updated with the latest data.
- Copyright year in the footer now updates automatically.
Console update to increase font size and make colour contrast more accessible.
Fixed the "Trash Can" bug.
- Finished updating games table on Teacher Kurono Dashboard page.
- Added the Kurono solutions file to the Kurono Packs page.
- Updated the Teacher Kurono Dashboard page by simplifying the resources section and add the "Add Class" and "Challenge" dropdowns.
- Updated Recaptcha script in hope to fix Recaptcha issues in certain countries.
- Added Kurono Resources.
- Added Kurono Teaching Packs.
- Reset Code has been fixed in Kurono - it now resets the code to the Worksheet's starter code.