Comment on page
Contributing as Developer
The nitty gritty of contributing to Code for Life development.
Incoming contributor will need some or all of the following skills:
- Basic understanding of modern web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Intermediate Python and Django programming
- Familiarity with git or other source control
Familiarity with the following is not required, but would be highly beneficial:
- Modern JS framework (we use React at some parts)
- Unit tests, TDD (Test Driven Development) and code review process
- Containerisation technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
If you have an interest in game, gamification and education technology, you'll fit right in! 🎮
You will contribute to projects that are directly used by students and teachers in the UK and worldwide, to help them flourish in an increasingly digital world.
You will learn a variety of tech stack and develop experience working in production environment.
By contributing to open-source projects, you will build a demo or a portfolio as a developer, which is highly valued by many employers.
You will have the satisfaction to have made the world a slightly better place, one git commit at a time 😊